st: pattern-fills in stacked bar graph

From   Natalie Doss <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: pattern-fills in stacked bar graph
Date   Wed, 26 May 2010 00:50:08 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to do a stacked bar graph with different pattern fills. I have 4
outcomes and 7 components to each outcome. I am confused about how to use twoway
parea to make a bar graph. I believe I have to reorganize my data a fair
amount, but am unsure of what exactly I need. An earlier thread on this said
that the collapse and contract commands would be most useful, but I'm pretty
new to stata and am wondering if anyone has more specific ideas.

Thank you.