st: Oglm, mfx2, margins and marginal effects

From   Paul GERRANS <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Oglm, mfx2, margins and marginal effects
Date   Tue, 25 May 2010 22:04:50 +0800

Dear Statalisters,
I am using the oglm programme of Richard Williams and I would like to be able to generate the standard errors of marginal effects generated using margins.

My model includes indicator and continuous variables as well as interactions between the indicator and continuous variables.
If I could specify the model using factor variables, then I could calculate the margin and get the standard errors in one step using:
. margins, dydx(f) atmeans predict(outcome(1))
where f represents the indicator variable.

Because the oglm program doesn’t support factor variables, I can still calculate the margin using the difference in the two predictions:
. margins, at((mean) s… f=0 fXs=0…) predict(outcome(1)), and
. margins, at((mean) s… f=1 fXs=`mean_s’…) predict(outcome(1))
where f represents the indicator variable, s… represents the continuous variables and fXs… the interaction terms.
But this is cumbersome and I don’t get the standard errors.

I would like to generate marginal effects at particular combinations of my independent variables (eg. 5th, 10th etc. percentiles) in addition to the overall at means options. I’m wondering if there is a different/easier way of getting this information automatically.
Appreciate any suggestions
Paul

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B