st: bivariate correlation analsis for longitudinal data

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: bivariate correlation analsis for longitudinal data
Date   Sun, 23 May 2010 14:07:27 -0400 (EDT)

I try to do bivairate correlation analysis for longitudinal data. My
understanding is to use the data in wide format and then do regular
correlation of the x and y vairables, for example correlation of x at time
1 and y at time 2, x at time 2 and y at time 3, etc., or x and y both at
the same time point. By doing so, do i assume that time effect is the name
on the correlations at different time point? What is the appropriate way
of conducting bivairate correlation analysis for longitudinal data?

Eventually, i will fit randome intercept models for y on Xs. Thanks a lot.

Junqing