Re: st: Stata 11: xstata via ssh with X forwarding - some aspects aresluggish

From   [email protected] (James Hassell, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 11: xstata via ssh with X forwarding - some aspects aresluggish
Date   Thu, 20 May 2010 11:31:17 -0500

Dave Ewart <[email protected]> reported sluggish performance in the
Stata 11 Data Editor when using it from their Linux server via X11
forwarding.  First Dave should verify that the latest Stata updates
have been installed.  Next he should open the Data Editor, access the
"Preferences" from the "Edit" menu, and then check the box labeled
"Disable visual gradients (improves performance)".  This option was
added specifically to improve performance when using X11 forwarding.

-- James