st: Calculating income effects associated with migration using PSMATCH2

From   Bruce Newbold <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Calculating income effects associated with migration using PSMATCH2
Date   Wed, 19 May 2010 09:14:55 -0400

I am using Stata and the psmatch2 command to evaluate the income effects of migration between regions, as in the following command:

. psmatch2 mig_into_to male married a2024 hs2 degree2 ch_deg kworker2 newkwork latinc42_2 panel2 panel3 atl que pra bc, out(atincdiff) logit com

where mig_into_to is the dependent variable (1/0) that represents migrants/stayers in this case. The balance of variables are hypothesized to related to the migration decision, such as educational degree, marital status, origin region, and so on. The out(atincdiff) variable represents the income effect (difference in after tax income between start and end period of the data). I have also used the pstest command to look at the
pairing effects.

I would like to have Stata calculate the average effect for migrants and stayers based on the psmatch2 results (or I guess its mean wage of matched treated / matched controls), but am unsure how to do this.

Suggestions? With thanks.