RE: st: RE: bcskew0 transform back

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: bcskew0 transform back
Date   Tue, 18 May 2010 17:55:45 +0100

This seems doubly problematic. The fact is that -bcskew0- entails
estimation of a parameter. I don't know how that meshes with the
imputation. It sounds as if you should be doing that on each imputed
dataset. Using the same constant on all sounds wrong. Others can improve
on my visceration.

Personally I think the whole Box-Cox methodology, despite its splendid
name, to be very oversold.

-ice- is a user-written program from ....

raoul reulen

I failed to mention that I am using the transformed variable in a
multiple imputation model (using ice) and impute missing values. After
the imputation I then want to transfer the imputed variable back.