Re: AW: st: replace-all can crash do-file

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: AW: st: replace-all can crash do-file
Date   Sun, 16 May 2010 07:25:43 -0400

<>
You have wasted a lot of Statalist users' time with this question about a version of Stata that has not been updated since its July 2009 release. It is very likely that a bug in the initial release of the Windows do-file editor (which is new code in Stata 11) was fixed in the interim, or at least the code was modified so that it behaves differently in an updated version (a la Martin's endless loop). The Statalist FAQ makes it clear that before you seek support from either Statalist users or Stata tech support you should ensure that your Stata is up to date, which yours is obviously not.

Kit