RE: AW: st: replace-all can crash do-file

From   "Kieran McCaul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: AW: st: replace-all can crash do-file
Date   Sun, 16 May 2010 06:23:54 +0800

The only way I can get Stata to crash with Martin's example, is if I check the "Regular expression" box in the Replace window and leave the others unchecked.  If I do that, then Stata will hang and clicking in the Replace window gives me the "not responding" message and the option of closing down Stata.

Now, given that I don't have a regular expression in either the Find or Replace text, I wouldn't expect this to do anything, but I wouldn't expect it to cause Stata to crash either.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Martin Weiss
Sent: Saturday, 15 May 2010 8:59 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: AW: AW: st: replace-all can crash do-file

<>

" My guess is that this is a Stata for Windows-specific problem."

Not so sure: I tried the example in
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-05/msg00801.html on a windows
machine, and nothing untoward happened to me there. So more information from
those who have suffered from this problem is required, including (but not
limited to) the output of the -update- command.

HTH
Martin