AW: st: Comparing Variable Name Labels Between Datasets

Subject   AW: st: Comparing Variable Name Labels Between Datasets
Date   Fri, 14 May 2010 16:02:41 +0200

<>

I could also see that

*************
ssc d descsave
*************

by Roger Newson might be helpful.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Tim Wade
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Mai 2010 15:47
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: Comparing Variable Name Labels Between Datasets

Beth, how about something like this:

*save variable labels as local macros
sysuse auto.dta
foreach var of varlist _all {
local `var'd1: variable label `var'
}

clear
sysuse auto.dta
*create erros in variable lables and save as local macros in second dataset
label var make "price"
label var price "Make"
foreach var of varlist _all {
local `var'd2: variable label `var'
}

*compare and list differences

foreach var of varlist _all {
capture assert  "``var'd1'"=="``var'd2'"
if _rc~=0 {
	if "``var'd1'"~="``var'd2'" {
		di "Error in `var'"
		di "First label: ``var'd1'"