Re: st: brrweight(), jkrweight(), and vce() options of svyset

Subject   Re: st: brrweight(), jkrweight(), and vce() options of svyset
Date   Tue, 11 May 2010 23:04:35 -0500

I've never tried that, but at least conceptually one can apply all
three variance estimation methods to a design with 2 PSU/stratum. So
you can specify -jkrweight()- for jackknife weights, -brrweight()- for
BRR weights, and have PSUs defined for the Taylor series expansion
estimator. Then for each particular estimation command you run, you
will have a choice of whether you want to specify -vce(linearized)-,
-vce(brr)- or -vce(jknife)-.

But I agree with you, this is confusing, and you don't want to have
different weights hanging around your dataset unless you do research
in variance estimation for complex survey (rather than research in
cancer epidemiology or labor force participation or some other normal
research, like most Stata users do).