st: mi impute monotone inconsistencies

From   raoul reulen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: mi impute monotone inconsistencies
Date   Mon, 10 May 2010 01:12:41 +0100

Dear all

I have a dataset with information on whether patients received a
certain drug or not, and if so what dose of drug. Both the variables
"drug (yes=1/no=0)" and "dose (continuous)" have missing values and
the pattern in monotone. If drug is "no" then the dose is obviously
"0", and if drug is "yes" then the dose cannot be "0". When I use an
imputation model I do get a few inconsistencies, occasionally dose is
"0" when drug is "yes" and occasionally dose is greater then "0" if
the patient did not receive any drugs.

.mi set mlong
.mi register  imputed drug dose
.mi register regular case age year
.mi misstable nested
.mi impute monotone (logit) drug  (pmm) dose =  case age year , add(5)
rseed(8833)

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Raoul