st: RE: AW: copydesc with a twist??

From   "Ploutz-Snyder, Robert (JSC-SK)[USRA]" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: AW: copydesc with a twist??
Date   Fri, 7 May 2010 11:30:25 -0500

Indeed, copydesc is an oldie.  But clonevar clones the entire variable, including the contents.  So using clonevar here would copy over the variable labels "as-is," without the modification that I desire, and it would also copy over the CONTENTS of the oldvar to the newvar.

I'm just looking to copy the label from a list of oldvars to a list of newvars, but also want to add some text to those labels.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Martin Weiss
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 11:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: AW: copydesc with a twist??

<>

-ssc d copydesc- looks like old code to me, although it may well serve a
useful purpose, and only got like 35 hits last month. It is # 66 on Nick`s
hit list (-ssc hot, auth(cox) n(66)-), but no discussion related to it has
been recorded in the archive since the end of 2003. That could be because
official -clonevar- can do its job more efficiently. Since Nick is the
author of the official command as well, there might be a connection there...

HTH
Martin