st: -ciplot- -eclplot- combine with box-options?

From   "Kaulisch, Marc" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: -ciplot- -eclplot- combine with box-options?
Date   Fri, 7 May 2010 12:32:38 +0200

I have a question about -ciplot- and -eclplot- (both from ssc).
Basically I have not found out yet if there is the option with these
programs to combine it with two options I very much appreciate in -graph
box-.

I would like to combine these graphs with two "over" (in graph box)
groups and to use the over-option sort(1) in order to sort the display
of confidence intervals by the mean of the first variable.

Background: I have two variables with scales 1 to 5. Boxplots on
individual values are not very informative. Collapsing the dataset
creates boxplots representing the distribution of group means but would
not represent the distribution of individual values. That is why I want
to calculate (and present) the ci of these vars by certain groups.

Is there a workaround to get such a ci-graph?

Marc