Re: st: N to 1 matching without replacement

Subject   Re: st: N to 1 matching without replacement
Date   Wed, 5 May 2010 13:18:58 -0400

Russell Callaghan <[email protected]> :
I take it back--it looks like  -psmatch2- (on SSC) will not do 1 to
many matching w/o replacement but issues the error:
"Matching without replacement is only implemented with 1-to-1
propensity score matching"

I guess the issue with matching N cases without replacement is that
the order of the matches plays a much bigger role in how well the
matches approximate a overall distance-minimizing choice... though
that seems an issue of magnitude not of type (of potential erroneous
matching).

Why don't you just reweight instead of matching?  Easier and more defensible...