st: longitudinal data manipulation

From   Debs Majumdar <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: longitudinal data manipulation
Date   Tue, 4 May 2010 10:06:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Statalisters,

      I have two longitudinal data sets (5 time points) with me, each from a different study
 (study=0 and study=1, say) and around 50 participants in each study. Some of the
 participants (around 10) overlap on both. All the participants were tested on 7
 items in each of the two studies. Now, 6 of the items are exactly the same but
 the last item (item_l) is different although it measures the same characteristic.
 I want to draw a scatter plot after merging/appending the two data sets where
 item_l_study0 and item_l_study1 are on the x- and y-axis respectively to see how close
the two scores are for that item for the common participants in the two studies.

     What would be the best way to accomplish this?

        Thanks,

          Debs