Re: st: AW: Looping over observations that do not start from 1

From   George Chioran <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: Looping over observations that do not start from 1
Date   Sun, 2 May 2010 08:54:07 -0700 (PDT)

my database looks like this: I want to loop over the month variable from year 2008, however the month in 2008 only starts from april. Thus I wanted to loop over it with a syntax similar to:

local j = 1
while `j' <= 12 {
}
and my j to start from 4 somehow, without me naming it. I think I could do this by saying
su month
local j =  _result(5)

and in 2009, this would start from 1.
Yes, I think this would work. Thank you for the help.

datefondsnaampricemonthyear
09apr2008Philips, 24.72542008
17apr2008KPN, 11.4242008
04apr2008TomTom21.54742008