Re: st: Explaining Gamma coefficient after bioprobit command

From   Tirthankar Chakravarty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Explaining Gamma coefficient after bioprobit command
Date   Sun, 2 May 2010 08:14:36 +0530

The confusion may stem from the fact that there is an undocumented
option to treat the two outcomes as endogenous, at least in the help
file that comes with the August 2007 release, to -bioprobit- (Sajaia,
SSC) which produces the extra parameter gamma, as below:
*********************************
sysuse auto, clear
g ordvar = irecode(rnormal(),-4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,4)
bioprobit (headroom=price length mpg turn weight) ///
	(ordvar=price length mpg turn ), end
*********************************

This is documented in the SJ paper:
http://adeptanalytics.org/download/ado/bioprobit/bioprobit.pdf
which is also fairly clear on the interpretation of gamma as a causal
effect of the endogenous regressor on the outcome.

2010/5/2 Telli Anvernali Henry <[email protected]>:
> My version of bioprobit (output bello)is the same as yours.
>
> . which bioprobit
> c:\ado\plus\b\bioprobit.ado
> *! version 1.11  17Aug2007
>
> Henry

To every ω-consistent recursive class κ of formulae there correspond
recursive class signs r, such that neither v Gen r nor Neg(v Gen r)
belongs to Flg(κ) (where v is the free variable of r).