st: RE: Import Excel with xmluse

Subject   st: RE: Import Excel with xmluse
Date   Sat, 1 May 2010 00:24:02 +0200

<>

Consider an investment into Stat/Transfer, I would say. If you do this type
of conversion frequently, it may well be worth it, as the program can take
you direcly from Access databases to Stata datasets.

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Leslie
Sent: Samstag, 1. Mai 2010 00:17
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Import Excel with xmluse

Dear Stata users,

I am trying to import an Excel file that I have exported from Access.
I tried exporting the file from Access as an .xml & .xsd file and
using the xmluse command to import it directly into Stata.  But I keep
getting an "unrecognizable XML doctype" error.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thank you
Leslie

xmluse g:\DataDump\qryLeslieDataDumpMUOnly.xml, doctype(excel) firstrow all

xmluse g:\DataDump\qryLeslieDataDumpMUOnly.xsd, doctype(excel) firstrow all

unrecognizable XML doctype
r(198);