Re: st: piece-wise logistic regression

Subject   Re: st: piece-wise logistic regression
Date   Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:56:50 -0400

A historical note: The two-piece model has long been called a "hockey
stick" model. My oldest reference with this name dates to 1976*,
although the model itself is older.  The location of the threshold is
an important parameter in the literature of this model.  I recall
using non-linear regression in NCSS  to find a CI for the location.  A
google search shows that more recently bootstrapping has been used.

Steve

*Hasselblad, V., Creason, J. P. & Nelson, W. C. (1976) Regression
Using "Hockey Stick" Functions (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency,
Research Triangle Park, NC), Report No. EPA-600/1- 76-024, pp. 1-13.
available at: http://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyPURL.cgi?Dockey=2000Y53N.txt

--
Steven Samuels
[email protected]