st: RE: Graph matrix with distribution on diagonals?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Graph matrix with distribution on diagonals?
Date   Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:16:11 +0100

Good question. I've programmed things like this (with assists from
various friends) but for several reasons stopped short at making any
code public. The tension is between simplicity and flexibility: for
example, users might well want to reach in and tweak both the univariate
and the bivariate displays. It is difficult to support that without
erecting some awful syntax and some of the details depend on
non-documented features.  I think the best strategy is to decide on the
precise design you want and not worry about generality.

I will send some code to Bernie on the basis that he can use it if it's
helpful, but absolutely no support guaranteed.

Bernie Hogan

I'm interested in producing graph matrices with histograms in the
diagonals rather than text. Does anyone have a lead on some code that
would do this? Here is an example from another package:
http://www.unc.edu/~nielsen/soci709/m8/m8002.jpg