st: AW: Double Loop - Invalid Syntax

Subject   st: AW: Double Loop - Invalid Syntax
Date   Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:54:35 +0200

<>

You are way too keen to dereference, I would say: - foreach j of num 1/100{-
instead of - foreach `j' of num 1/100{-, and the same for the  other
loops...

HTH
Martin

Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von
[email protected]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. April 2010 16:52
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Double Loop - Invalid Syntax

Stata Listers,

Even though it is a simple macro, I cannot find where the invalid syntax
comes from.
Instead of creating new variables, I want to create new files.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

foreach `j' of num 1/100{
clear
foreach `i' of num 1/`j'{
use "/aaa/aaa/nvessel.dta"
keep if nvessel ==`j'
gen round = `i'
save "/aaa/aaa/nvessel`i'.dta", replace
}
foreach `i' of num (`j'-1)/1{
append using "/aaa/aaa/nvessel`i'.dta"
}
save "/aaa/aaa/vessel_list`j'.dta", replace
}

Alexandre Vialou

This e-mail and any attachments contain URS Corporation confidential
information that may be proprietary or privileged. If you receive this
message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain,
distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy
the e-mail and any attachments or copies.