Re: st: Dirifit / ddirifit: "maximum number of iterations exceeded"

From   Mark Nichols <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Dirifit / ddirifit: "maximum number of iterations exceeded"
Date   Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:37:47 -0700

dirifit is one of those things that sounds good in theory but fails
miserably in practice - as you found out. It reminds me of count
models that people no longer pay much attention to. I'd suggest you
try linear models (ols). Once that's working, you can still try
dirifit, at which point you might conclude that it doesn't make a
meaningful contribution and will only confuse the reviewers.

Regards,

Mark