st: AW: tostring command

Subject   st: AW: tostring command
Date   Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:50:27 +0200

<>

Either -force- it or supply your own -format-, with the latter option
strongly perferred:

*************
clear*
set obs 1
gen double myvar=12345612345
format myvar %11.0f
tostring myvar, generate(mystrvar) force
tostring myvar, generate(mystrvar2) format(%11.0f)
*************

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Rajaram
Subramanian Potty
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. April 2010 11:31
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: tostring command

Dear all,

When I am using the command "tostring" to convert numerical variable
to string variable I am getting an error.

The error is "indid cannot be converted reversibly; no generate".

 This error comes only if the numerical varibale has 11 or more
digits. Because of this not able to convert numerical variables with
11 or more digits to string variable. Can any one know the solution to
convert the numerical variable to string variable even if the variable
has 11 or more digits.

Thanks and regards,

RAJARAM. S