st: Re: Panel causality test

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   asma esseghir <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Panel causality test
Date   Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:21:08 -0400

Ah, this is one of the cases where  code just does not cope well with the data having been -tsset- as a panel. I once wrote a whole set of parallel utilities that would enable commands like official -dfuller- and -pperron- to work on a single panel (it is the option -onepanel- that is missing.

-granger- is a very old chunk of code from STB-51. -findit granger- suggests using -gcause- from STB, whose help file says it should be used in preference to -granger-.  It does not work with panel data either) for reasons above, but I have addressed that.

If you -ssc desc gcause- and install the package, routine -gcause2- will work on a single unit of a panel. E.g.

webuse grunfeld
gcause2 invest mvalue if company==4, lag(4)

will work.

Kit