RE: st: AW: Non-reported s.e. for kappa

Subject   RE: st: AW: Non-reported s.e. for kappa
Date   Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:26:44 +0200

<>

" I'm flattered to be mistaken for Martin."

Where is the mistake? Karen`s first sentence was for you, the second one for
me.

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Steve Samuels
Sent: Mittwoch, 14. April 2010 19:24
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: AW: Non-reported s.e. for kappa

You are welcome, Karen.  I'm flattered to be mistaken for Martin.
With n = 26, you might also try -bootstrap-.

Steve

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Karen Wright <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Deepest apologies, thanks Steve for the jackknife suggestion.
> Although thanks also to Martin for your input!

> Correction, to get the pseudo-values _jk_1:
>
> jackknife r(kappa), mse keep: kap id*
> ci _jk_1      // First order unbiased estimates
>

> Steve
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Steve Samuels <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> Martin-
>> For Karen's set up (idj contains the subject rating for  rater j),
>> there is no official example that I can see. p615 shows counts of
>> ratings, with each variable being a rating category.  Also, for
> p615,,
>>  the command should be "kappa",  not "kap", because the data are
>> counts of assignments to three categories by five raters. This was
>> terrible  syntax decision: depending on the use of "kap" or "kappa"
>> distinguish between two data setups.
>>
>> One suggestion for a standard error:
>> version 10.0
>> clear
>>  input case id2 id3 id6 id8 id9 id10
>>  1 3 3 3 3 3 3
>>  2 1 1 1 1 1 1
>>  3 2 2 1 3 1 1
>>  4 3 3 3 3 3 3
>>  5 1 1 1 1 1 1
>>  end
>> kap id*
>> jackknife r(kappa), mse: kap id*
>> ci _jk_1      // First order unbiased estimates
>> *************************************
>>
>>  n = 5 subjects doesn't seem like enough to draw many conclusions.
>> It's interesting that the raters disagreed for only one subject.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Martin Weiss <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>>
>>> <>
>>>
>>> You do not need an imaginary dataset, as the official example does
> not
>>> return the se, either:
>>>

>>> *************
>>> webuse p615, clear
>>> kap cat*
>>> ret li
>>> *************
>>>
>>> The help file could make this fact clear, I think. BTW, a command
> reporting
>>> a whole table inevitably runs into the problem which statistics it
> should
>>> return. Just see what -summ- with a -varlist- hands back: The
> statistics for
>>> the last variable in that -varlist-. The alternative would be to
> return a
>>> -matrix-, of course...
>>>

>>> HTH
>>> Martin

>>> 2 1 1 1 1 1 1
>>> 3 2 2 1 3 1 1
>>> 4 3 3 3 3 3 3
>>> 5 1 1 1 1 1 1
>>> end
>>>
>>> kap id*
>>> di r(se)
>>> di r(kappa)
>>>
>>> *************************************************
>>>

>>> The Institute of Cancer Research: Royal Cancer Hospital, a
> charitable
>>> Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered in England under Company
> No. 534147
>>> with its Registered Office at 123 Old Brompton Road, London SW7
> 3RP.
>>>
>>> This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee
> only.  If
>>> the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please
> return
>>> the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the
> message from
>>> your computer and network.
>>>
>>> *
>>> *   For searches and help try:
>>> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
>>> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
>>> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
>>>

>>> *
>>> *   For searches and help try:
>>> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
>>> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
>>> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
>>>

>> --
>> Steven Samuels
>> [email protected]
>> 18 Cantine's Island
>> Saugerties NY 12477
>> USA
>> Voice: 845-246-0774
>> Fax:    206-202-4783
>>

> --
> Steven Samuels
> [email protected]
> 18 Cantine's Island
> Saugerties NY 12477
> USA
> Voice: 845-246-0774
> Fax:    206-202-4783
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
>
> The Institute of Cancer Research: Royal Cancer Hospital, a charitable
Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered in England under Company No. 534147
with its Registered Office at 123 Old Brompton Road, London SW7 3RP.

> This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If
the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from
your computer and network.
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Steven Samuels