Re: st: AW: confidence interval of a ratio of coefficients

Subject   Re: st: AW: confidence interval of a ratio of coefficients
Date   Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:29:58 -0400

Martin,

I have to withdraw that code. It gives incorrect results if the ratio
is negative. So, your original -nlcom- statement is  Shehzad's best
approach.   Note, however that the confidence intervals for the ratio
and  for 1/ratio are not compatible (perhaps "consonant" is the better
word).  One set of limits cannot be derived by inverting the endpoints
of the other set.

Steve

********************
sysuse auto, clear
logit foreign rep78 price weight

nlcom _b[price]/_b[weight]  //ratio
nlcom _b[weight]/_b[price] // 1/ratio
***********************

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Martin Weiss <[email protected]> wrote:

> <>
>
> Steve,
>
> are you following your own script with this code, or is it necessary for
> Shehzad to obtain a correct answer?
>
> HTH
> Martin

Steven Samuels