Re: st: Multinomial logistic regression with cross-classified data structure

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Multinomial logistic regression with cross-classified data structure
Date   Tue, 06 Apr 2010 19:20:19 -0400

Vivien,

If you have multilevel data and want to fit a cross-classified random effects mlogit model, you might be able to do it with the Stata package gllamm (see http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-04/msg00762.html).

If you are just saying that there might be interactions between neighborhood characteristics and workplace characteristics, you can certainly use -mlogit- and use factor variables (in Stata 11) or -xi- (in earlier versions of Stata) to help you specify the interactions, and you can also specify the cluster() option if you need to take clustering at the neighborhood or workplace level into account.

Does that help?

Michael