RE: st: documentation Stata tips : any wrong with counting on googling?

Subject   RE: st: documentation Stata tips : any wrong with counting on googling?
Date   Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:47:06 +0200

One of the best ways of going about this business is the -findit- command.
HTH
Martin

-original message-
Subject: st: documentation Stata tips : any wrong with counting on googling?
From: Amanda Fu <[email protected]>
Date: 02-04-2010 19:33

Dear Statalist,

Sorry that my question is not directly about using Stata. I was
wondering if anyone could give some suggestion on how to efficiently
take notes or document the tips of using Stata.

I used to use the traditional way that I learned from elementary
school : When I found some Stata tips are useful, I copied and pasted
or typed them in a word file for use in the future. But then I notice
when I want to find out how to deal with a particular problem, usually
it is faster to simply google it than to check it in the "Stata tips"
file.

Therefore, I would like to know if someone could give me some
suggestions on documentation the Stata tips or introduce his/her
practices for this. In addition, Is there any severe disadvantage of
counting on  the googling way?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Mandy