RE: st: help creating a table of means and diffs with svy data

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: help creating a table of means and diffs with svy data
Date   Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:22:23 -0000

If I understand Roy correctly, he is referring to a combination of
various code he has written and (in a minor role only) -sxpose- from
SSC.

Last time I looked, -sxpose- was written by me.

I want to make it plain that any code written by me and put in the
public domain is equally open to all users, academics and non-academics
like. I've benefitted far too much from collaboration with many
non-academics in the Stata community, not least those at StataCorp, even
to think of wanting to put any such restriction on the code.

Roy can say what he likes about his own code, but he has absolutely no
right to dictate how mine should or should not be used.

Roy Wada

>> I want to have a table comparing the means for some variables for two
>> subpopulations in my survey data, including a test on the diff btw
the
>> means.
>
> This will actually do what you asked for.

Need to svyset in the earlier example:

svyset psuid [pweight=finalwgt], strata(stratid)

Disclaimer: these codes are obviously meant for academic purposes only.