st: ml estimation with mata

From   Klaus Pforr <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ml estimation with mata
Date   Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:20:31 +0100

##

dear listers,

I did send this already yesterday, but the mail didn't appear at the list, so here the second try:

I am working on a ml-evaluator and I'm a litte confused by the
documentation. My estimator has to deal with panel data and survey-data
adjustment and I need to use the mata function cvpermute() to evaluate
the log-likelihood. Does that mean that if want to implement the
evaluator directly in mata, I need to implement it as an v-evaluator?

From the examples in Gould, Pitbaldo and Sribney (2006): ML estimation
with Stata in chapter 4.5 I get the impression that I can implement the
evaluator with ml as an lfs-evaluator and add the mata-function in the
stata evaluator. Is this correct?

regards

Klaus

--