st: Hiding contents of a do-file

From   Rasika Raghavan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Hiding contents of a do-file
Date   Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:57:15 +0530

All,

Is it possible for a Stata user to run a do-file without it being
possible for the mentioned user to see the contents of the do file?

I am asking this because I do not wish for another user to see how I
have generated the output, but only see the output. I have been
currently running the program myself, generating the output and then
sending it off. Now, I have to let the other user run the program.
Hence, I wish to hide the contents of the do-file.

I searched Statalist for any help in this regard. What I was able to
find involved using Mata or encrypting the do-file. The program is
lengthy, so I wanted to know whether there is a more conveinient way.

Thanks,

Rasika