Re: st: Creating maps with Stata 8?

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Creating maps with Stata 8?
Date   Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:59:22 -0600

<>

I've never used -mif2dta-, but I don't see anything in the helpfile for -mif2dta- or -tmap-  about it supporting Stata version 8.  In the adofile, -mif2dta- is set to version 9.2 and tmap is set to version 8.2.  You might try manually editing the adofiles (via  "adoedit mif2dta") so that it reads version 8 to get it to run on Stata 8,  but I don't know if that will break any of the functionality of these programs (so you should create a backup copy in case it breaks the program completely).

~ Eric

__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute