Re: st: how to adjust for covariates?

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to adjust for covariates?
Date   Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:29:12 +0000 (GMT)

To be more precise: Stata will derive the type of variable (categorical, ordinal, or continuous) for your dependent variable from the type of
estimation command (-logit- for binary, -regress- for continous,
-mlogit- for categorical with more than two categories, -ologit- for
ordered, etc.). You should _not_ add a -i.- to your dependent/explained
variable, if you do you will not get what you want! However, you can
add a -i.- to your independent/explanarory if you think it is a
categorical variable (alternatively, you can create the necesary dummies
manually).

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis