RE: st: RE: RE: ivhettest

Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: ivhettest
Date   Sun, 10 Jan 2010 23:01:48 -0000

Ekrem,

The problem is a fundamental econometric problem, and it doesn't matter whether you use xtivreg2,fe or ivreg2 with dummies - it's the same problem.

If you check out their paper, you'll see that the bias in the usual Eicker-Huber-White-sandwich-robust VCE is proportional to 1/(T-1).  If T is large enough for you to conclude the bias is small, you should be OK.  But if T is small, then any tests that use this VCE won't be consistent.

Cheers,
Mark