Re: st: AW: problem with -contract-

From   "Karen Wright" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: AW: problem with -contract-
Date   Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:25:26 +0000

Thank you the help is much appreciated but unfortunately I have to delay
slightly as I am trying to obtain admin rights for my desktop from IT!!!
 Currently I cannot update Stata.
As you point out Stata should be able to handle the amount of variables
I am talking about but I am assuming that -contract- must generate extra
variables in calculating the frequencies?
I shall run the example code you have given me when I am able to update
Stata and email you then if that would be alright?  Apologies, I do not
know how long this may take.

Thank you,
Karen

>>> "Martin Weiss" <[email protected]> 05/01/2010 17:52 >>>

<>

-h limits- (in Stata 10) does indicate that IC can handle 2,047
variables,
though. What happens when you run this example code?

*************
clear*

vers 10.1

set obs 1000

forv i=1/165{
	gen var`i'=irecode(runiform(), 0, .2, .9, 1)
}

contract var*

su _freq, d

HTH