st: RE: RE: gllamm: unable to restore data due to insufficient memory; try discard first

Subject   st: RE: RE: gllamm: unable to restore data due to insufficient memory; try discard first
Date   Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:23:19 +0100

<>

Which operating system do you use? You may want to peruse the Stata FAQ at
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/, particularly
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/win/winmemory.html

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Emmanuel
Sent: Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2009 19:15
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: gllamm: unable to restore data due to insufficient memory;
try discard first

It reads:
size:   194,267,840 (81.9% of memory free)

I have set mem to 1g. Strangely enough, however, for reasons I do not
understand, I am unable to set mem > 1g even though I have 4g of ram.
.
-Emmanuel

From	  "Martin Weiss" <[email protected]>
To	  <[email protected]>
Subject	  st: RE: gllamm: unable to restore data due to insufficient memory;
try discard first
Date	  Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:56:00 +0100
<>

What is your own take on your memory situation? What does -describe- (in the
line beginning with "size:") say about it when your dataset is loaded in
memory?

HTH
Martin