st: RE: RE: kappa agreement standard errors

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: kappa agreement standard errors
Date   Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:45:50 -0000

The help for -kapci- gives technical details and is well referenced. The
original paper in the Stata Technical Bulletin is accessible to all.
Where lies the obscurity?

Weichle, Thomas

Thanks Martin.  I was able to demonstrate that the kappa standard error
for the kap command comes from Fleiss, Cohen, and Everitt (1969) when
testing the hypothesis that the ratings are independent (so that the
underlying value of kappa is zero).  However, I still haven't figured
what calculation of the standard error was used in the kapci command.