Re: st: Summarizing data by Timestamps

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Summarizing data by Timestamps
Date   Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:19:11 -0600

><

Diego:

I added some extra timestamps since you were interested in time periods of a couple of hours:

****
clear

input str20 timestamp          pressure
"11/22/09 00:00"        120
"11/22/09 00:01"        123
"11/22/09 00:02"        119
"11/22/09 00:03"        115
"11/22/09 00:09"        123
"11/22/09 00:10"        122
"11/22/09 00:22"        112
"11/22/09 01:20"		2000
"11/22/09 01:27"		2100
"11/22/09 05:27" 		5000
"11/22/09 06:45"		10000
end

*format timestamp %tCNNDDYY_HH:MM
g double timestamp2 = clock(timestamp, "MD20Yhm")

**avg. by one hour interval**
g hour = hh(timestamp2)
egen one_hour_avg = mean(pressure), by(hour)

**take averages for different time periods from 1:00**
forv t = 2(1)6 {
egen hour_avg_`t' = mean(pressure)if hour<=(1+`t') & hour>=1
}

**or by collapse to get summary info by hour, etc**
preserve
collapse (mean) pressure , by(hour)
li
restore