Re: st: Testing weak instruments agter reg3

Subject   Re: st: Testing weak instruments agter reg3
Date   Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:32:31 -0500

Ekrem Kalkan <[email protected]> :
The advice on a first-stage F greater than 10 is about 7 years out of
date now (Stock and Yogo overturned in 2002 that advice from Staiger
and Stock from 1997, more or less), and applies only to a single
endogenous regressor, in any case. -ivreg2- (from SSC) will give you
relevant diagnostics (read the help file) if you estimate one equation
at a time; if you have a recursive system of equations, these will be
very good measures of the strength of your excluded instruments.  If
not, they will be imperfect, but better than nothing.