RE: st: RE: AW: creating an ordered month variable over several years

Subject   RE: st: RE: AW: creating an ordered month variable over several years
Date   Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:58:54 +0100

<>

You are -recast-ing to the -twoway- graph "bar", not the standalone -graph
bar-. If you drilled your way to the very bottom (think
http://www.stata.com/meeting/dcconf09/dc09_radyakin.pdf), you would find
that these two derive from the same substance, but the major demarcation
line for the end user still runs between the -twoway- graphs and the "rest
of world".

Those hyphens in your command need to be stripped off in any event, and the
double comma does have a special meaning which Nick elucidated in a post
some time in the past, but you may want to stick to one per Stata command
:-)

HTH
Martin