st: RE: RE: AW: Calculating area under a curve

From   philippe van kerm <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: AW: Calculating area under a curve
Date   Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:41:34 +0100

re Qn (1): you can probably use -cumul- and -integ-.  Alternatively you may look at the Generalized Lorenz curve (-ssc install glcurve-) if what you want to do is checking second order stochastic dominance. The Gen Lorenz curve is a plot of the cumulative quantile function and can be used to assess second order stochastic dominance in ways similar to what you would do with integrated CDFs.

re Qn(2): plenty of good references are available -- a good, recent summary can be found here:  http://132.206.230.229/articles/stochdomdp.pdf

Philippe