Re: st: RE: Retrieving statistics after pstest to use with estout

Subject   Re: st: RE: Retrieving statistics after pstest to use with estout
Date   Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:13:20 -0500

Probably you just want one omnibus measure of balance (an F stat) but try out:

u http://pped.org/lalonde.dta, clear
g age2=age^2
g ed2=educ^2
qui psmatch2 t age age2 educ ed2 re74
pstest age age2 educ ed2 re74
* test joint equality of all means
preserve
keep if _w<.
expand _w
qui reg t age age2 educ ed2 re74
di e(F)
qui hotelling age age2 educ ed2 re74, by(t)
di (r(N)-r(k)-1)/(r(N)-2)/r(k)*r(T2)
* or test vars one by one
foreach v in age age2 educ ed2 re74 {
 qui ttest `v', by(t)