Re: st: unit-root tests: xt-fisher, Hadri, ipshin

From   Joachim Landström <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: unit-root tests: xt-fisher, Hadri, ipshin
Date   Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:30:15 +0100

I would advise you to go and look into the actual academic references before you use those unit root models and scrutinize their assumptions. Do they differ for what you have and how applicable are those models really for you?

Since your N is small and has a low N/T-ratio I would recommend to use a unit root model that has robust finite sample properties while being assymptotic in T.

/Joachim

Quoting Carlos Rodriguez <[email protected]>:

So, even if some panels have unit roots but not all, would it be
fine if I run the regression in first-differences to address the issue
of unit roots? Or is this not advisable when not all panels have unit
roots.

Should I first-difference all control variables in additon to the main explanatory one and the dependent variable? What about the binary (1/0) indicators?

Thanks again
Carlos

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Scott Merryman