st: graphing ordinal and continuous variables

From   Robin L Jacobowitz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: graphing ordinal and continuous variables
Date   Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:12:00 -0500

I have a quick and hopefully not too complicated question.  I am trying to create a scatterplot showing the relationship between two variables, one ordinal and one continuous.   A regression indicates a quadratic relationship, but when I use the twoway scatter syntax, I get data points lined up along the categories of the ordinal variable.  Can someone advise me on the syntax to show the regression line?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Robin
Doctoral candidate, NYU