st: basic repeated measures question

From   "Airey, David C" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: basic repeated measures question
Date   Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:43:13 -0600

> I have 3 questions regarding performing an ANOVA and 1 regarding doing
> a repeated measures logistic regression. I have tried to find examples
> for my questions but been unsuccessful.

You have lots of resources online that could help you:

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/xtmixed.htm

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/#anova

> First, my data is setup up like this --
>
> ID     grp     outcome     time
> 1         1            15             1
> 1         1            16             2
> 2         2            12             1
> 2         2            20             2
> 3         3            20             1
> 3         3            12             2
> 4         4            20             1
> 4         4            22             2

If your data are really set up like this then ID and grp are causing the conflict, because you have one person in each group. Is that the case? And if you also really have just two time points, a paired ttest would work.