st: Getting ados into Stata

Subject   st: Getting ados into Stata
Date   Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:26:35 +0100

<>

I am forwarding this on behalf of Mahdi. I am not completely certain I
understand what he is trying to do, but he may want to paste the ado-files
into his personal directory which would usually be something like
"c:\ado\personal/". If he wants to find the path on his machine, he should
type

- di "`c(sysdir_personal)'" -

He can check the success by typing -which pvar- and so on. Under no
circumstances should he change the -sysdir-s just to make Stata aware of his
ado files.

HTH
Martin

Von: SAYYED MAHDI ZIAEI [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. November 2009 13:35
An: [email protected]
Betreff: attn: Martin weiss

Dear Sir
i have question about STATA, install ado. file i be grateful if you answer
me

i have three ado file with name of pvar.ado sgmm.ado helm.ado, these file
code write for estimate panel var in stata

my problem is this: in two way i try to attach this three file to stata,
first i put each file in C:\Program Files\Stata SE 10.1\ado\base

second i create file with name of mah and i put these file on it and i do
below procedures:

sysdir set PLUS c:\mah

sysdir set PERSONAL c:\mah

but whn i type help whatnew  nothing happen.  stata isnt read pvar.ado and
other file

 i be appreciate if you help me

looking forwards to your reply

best regards