Re: st: Concerning the margins command

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Concerning the margins command
Date   Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:41:00 -0800

> The margins command is great.  It does everything.  It slices.  It
> dices.  It makes julienne fries.  Clients come in with
> SAS and SPSS problems and leave with Stata margins output.

I am not saying this is good or bad but as a feedback in addition to
what Phil provided:

I never learned to use -xi- and am not really looking forward to
margins or factor variable. I will probably end up avoiding it as long
as I can. My guess is that it will turn out for me like Stata
graphics, which is great but greatly complicated. I have a pile of
do-files stashed somewhere but I just don't use them unless I really
and absolutely have to, which means I currently do most of my graphs
in Excel. It's clunky but good enough for most outlet and doesn't eat
up my time.

Roy