RE: st: Summary Stat Table

Subject   RE: st: Summary Stat Table
Date   Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:13:08 +0100

<>

"I was not aware of the xml_tab. Seems to be an immensely powerful
stuff. Can we use it after table/tabstat?"

See its help file at the bottom: " Another example demonstrates how to
create and output a simple table of the means:

      .tabstat price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight length, by(foreign)
save
      .tabstatmat A
      .matrix TAB=A'

      .xml_tab TAB, replace

    tabstat generates a table of means for the list of variables categorized
by foreigh. tabstatmat saves the resutls to matrix
    A. This matrix has tree rows for Domestic, Foreign and Total. In the
columns of matrix A are the means for the listed
    variables. We save the transpose matrix A into another matrix TAB.
xml_tab ouptuts the matrix into the default XML file."

HTH
Martin