RE: st: Trouble with quotes in defining macro

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Trouble with quotes in defining macro
Date   Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:12:51 -0000

I guess that's the price you pay for the dual role of double quotes, as
delimiters and as literal characters.

Miranda Kim

Have got it to work after "playing around", though it's very messy and
there is likely to be a much neater way...
Foreach var of varlist var1 var2 var3 {
    loc varlab `""`:var l `var''""'
    loc varlabs `"`varlabs'`varlab'"'
}