AW: st: AW: Reclaiming RAM. . .

Subject   AW: st: AW: Reclaiming RAM. . .
Date   Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:57:42 +0100

<>

" However, given the current issue at hand, I have now tested Martin's
tip to set the memory to 100M after the session has finished. It then
gives back the claimed RAM and I am again down to an approximately 32
percent RAM usage."

These issues are not coming up as much as they used to when I joined the
list one and a half years ago, and are disappearing because of rapid
increases in memory and the appearance of 64 bit OSes, but still: -set mem-
grabs the memory and reserves it for Stata, whether you use it or not, so
there is no point in maximizing it and thinking that will help you in any
way. Everything you reserve here, Stata will not have available for its
computations...

HTH
Martin